The holidays can be a magical time of year but the true meaning behind it can often get overlooked. This is especially true when you have little ones. It can easily become all about the gifts instead of being about spending time together with loved ones and being thankful for everything you have.
Below are some top tips to help you bring more meaning back to the holiday season:
- Teach your children about your families cultural heritage
- Slow down and be in the moment
- Volunteer as a family at a local charity organization
- Encourage everyone to keep a holidays gratitude journal
- Donate presents to a good cause
- Make homemade gifts together to give to loved ones (if you have time!)
- Try to make it about experiences and memories rather than presents
- Buy gifts from not-for-profit organizations and local independent traders
- Set up a free hot cocoa stand outside your house to share with neighbors
- Donate food to a local homeless shelter
Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season!